Monday, April 8, 2013

Promises







Promises of this nature, requiring an oath are not mine to make. I cannot foresee what is to come, even with the best of intentions. Even to swear an oath using His name or the name of others is not right. For men can use it against me or twist my words or use them to deceive others. 

I acknowledge that my word is limited even if honest and true. In that case I must always be aware of my limitations and strive to be consistent in my doings so that others may find me reliable and accountable. I will also follow the promptings of the Spirit. Accepting God's plan as my plan and not rely on 'fate' to keep my promises.

As a mother my children are the ones I fail most. I know things come up. I know that there are exceptions to some rules. 

Second Challenge for the Week:
  • Give myself a minute to pay attention to what my children are asking for, needing from me.
  • Keep in mind the schedule or routine for the week.
  • Don't change my mind based on my mood. 


No comments:

Post a Comment